The Dr Marilyn Glenville Clinics
Natural Healthcare for Women
The Dr Marilyn Glenville Clinics are here to help find and correct any health problems you may have.
Using diagnostic tests to track down the cause of your problem, professional nutritional advice will then be given to bring you back into good health and to help you stay well in the future.
Problems we can help with:
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Period problems – no periods, heavy periods, painful periods
- Breast problems
- Chronic fatigue
- Weight especially fat around the middle
- Candida and thrush
- Digestive problems like IBS, flatulence and bloating
- High cholesterol
- Mood swings
- Food allergies
- Children’s problems
- Nutrition in pregnancy
In the clinics we use a number of tests to find the cause of your problem. These can be very different from what your doctor may use as the tests are designed to look at nutritional factors that may be affecting your health.Tests used include:
- Digestive Stool Analysis – to check for digestion and absorption, the presence of hidden yeasts, bacterial infections and parasites, the balance of ‘good’ to ‘bad’ bacteria in the gut
- Mineral Analysis Test through a hair analysis– to test for deficiencies of calcium, magnesium, zinc,copper, selenium, manganese and chromium together with the levels of heavy toxic metals including mercury,aluminium, lead, cadmium and arsenic to help with infertility, menopause, osteoporosis, miscarriage, children’s health etc.
- Bone scanning for evaluating the risk of osteoporosis
- Body fat assessment
- Food allergy tests
- Leaky gut test – to check whether food molecules are escaping through the gut wall and setting up an immune system reaction. This test is important if you have food allergies, rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s or ulcerative colitis.
- Female Hormone Profile – a test using saliva to track the female hormones over a cycle to find out where the imbalances are occurring.
- Candida test – to check for yeast (Candida)overgrowth
- Oestrogen metabolism test – this test measures the ratio of ‘good’ to ‘bad’ oestrogens which can either encourage or inhibit breast cancer
- Genetic testing for osteoporosis, heart disease and detoxification
Plus many more lab tests which are offered depending on your particular problem and what is needed to help get you back into good health The Dr Marilyn Glenville Clinic uses a number of well established scientific laboratories which have been chosen for their state of the art testing
facilities and with whom we have worked with for many years.
Test results are known within two to four weeks, depending on the particular test.
How can a Nutritional Consultation help?
A nutritional consultation involves building a detailed picture of your lifestyle, eating habits and medical history,and any concerns you have about your health.
You may be advised to have a test to identify the cause of your problem and the results of any tests will be taken into account when suggesting the dietary and supplement recommendations.
With this information we can work together to form an eating plan that suits your needs and your lifestyle and daily commitments. We’ll help you identify and avoid unnecessary or harmful foods and enjoy an abundance of wonderful food that makes you feel good in body and in mind. You will also be advised on which vitamin and mineral supplements are best to take to correct any deficiencies found or whether other nutrients like probiotics for example are needed to correct abnormalities found from any test results.
You will come away from the consultation with a tailor made plan of action knowing exactly what you need to do next.
Special help for Infertility and Miscarriage
Dr Marilyn Glenville’s clinics in Tunbridge Wells and Dublin use a completely integrated approach to infertility and miscarriage. You have access to the best of both worlds,the best in nutritional and also conventional medicine.Depending on your problem and whether you have already had investigative tests, you may be referred for additional tests these are detailed below including:
- Ultrasound cycle monitoring – so that by the end of six weeks you would know your fertility status.
- Fallopian tube check – to see if your tubes are open
- Hormone testing – to check the levels of specific hormones that are important in infertility and miscarriage,including FSH, LH, oestrogen, prolactin, progesterone and thyroid function
- Check for ovarian reserve (ovarian ageing) – to check how many eggs are left to understand how close you are to the menopause
- Detailed semen analysis – to check for sperm count, motility, abnormal sperm, agglutination (sperm clumping) and sperm antibodies
- Infection check for both you are your partner – particularly important if you have experienced miscarriages
- DNA sperm fragmentation test – to check whether the DNA of the sperm is breaking down which can be an important factor in unexplained infertility, low fertilisation rates in IVF, poor embryo quality, implantation failure after IVF and recurrent miscarriage.
- Blood clotting problems for miscarriage
About the Dr Marilyn Glenville Clinics
Dr Marilyn Glenville PhD is the UK’s leading expert in nutrition specialising in women’s health. She obtained her doctorate from Cambridge University and is a fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine and a registered nutritionist. (See ‘About Dr Glenville’ for full Bio)
Your consultation will be conducted by one of Dr Glenville’sfully qualified nutritionists who are all personally selected and trained by her and all practice using Dr Glenville’s
Consultations are held at the following locations:
Tunbridge Wells – Kent
Initial consultation – lasts one hour
(for prices in Ireland, please visit their website – www.glenvillenutrition.ie
|Initial Consultation (60 minutes)||£197|
|Follow Up Consultation|
Follow up consultation – lasts thirty minutes
A typical nutritional programme would last approximately three months.
With most health problems, three months allows the body enough time to rectify the problem and get you back into good health.
This time frame is critical for infertility and miscarriage as it takes nearly three months for the egg to mature ready for ovulation and sperm three months to develop.
Telephone consultations can be particularly helpful for people who live too far away from the clinics and a number of people from abroad find it convenient to have a telephone consultation especially – but not only – for infertility,preparation for IVF and the menopause.
Certain tests can also be organised by post.
To book an appointment – either for face to face or by telephone – or for further information: